NLBHorton

The Archaeology of Writing

All over the world, but not of it. Hemisphere-hopping wife, mother, author, angler, and seminary graduate. Represented by Books & Such Literary Agency.

The Luminaries
Eleanor Catton
America's Great Game: The CIA’s Secret Arabists and the Shaping of the Modern Middle East
Hugh Wilford
Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune
Paul Clark Newell Jr., Bill Dedman
Blood and Beauty
Sarah Dunant
The Last Camellia
Sarah Jio

The Shadow of the Wind by Ruiz Zafon Summary & Study Gudie

The Shadow of the Wind by Ruiz Zafón Summary  Study Guide - BookRags I read this on the flight to South America — and couldn't put it down. S. Zafon's characterizations are rich, and make me thankful I'm not coming of age again! The storyline, while complex, is chock full of surprising twists and turns (depicted realistically). I enjoy the structure of his writing, recognizing an artistic way with words that doesn't overwhelm his intent, but enhances it.

It has been a very long time since I've read a "new-to-me" author I've enjoyed this much, and I heartily recommend this book if you're looking for an original, beautifully colored suspense. I look forward to reading more of Zafon's work.